The List #5

5. Unwanted pregnancyThis entry represents one of those categories which is self-evident.Duh! However, no matter how obvious, it cannot be denied that thousandsOf people get caught in this situation every year. What are your options?Abortion? Adoption? “Getting’ married?” or raising the child yourself.I am looking at those options and excuse me but I don’t see one good one.Now I don’t deny that the children that are the result of this situationMay turn out to be wonderful precious blessings. But, then again, they mayNot. The huge problem is that these were not ‘wanted’ pregnancies. YouCan and should go your whole life with out getting personally involved inThis situation and you will not regret it.

Alternative: Responsible birth control?

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Center for Disease control says that one-third of girls get pregnant before the age of 20.

Teenpregnancy.org says there are 750,000 teen pregnancies annually and that eight in ten of these pregnancies are unintended and 81 percent are to unmarried teens.

Are this stats a symptom of a larger problem? Are we hard wiring our children to not plan ahead for life in general?

What does it indicate, if anything, when Miley Cyrus says that she refuses to think about the future because she likes to take each day as it comes?

“I don’t really look too far into the future and it drives people nuts. I don’t even like a feeling that I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I do that enough with my job so when it’s my free time, I don’t know what’s going to happen or who I’m going to hang out with. Tomorrow will come and I’ll figure it out then,” she said.
"

Is she saying that she keeps worrying to a minimum, which isn't that bad, or is her point of view one that reflects hard wired thinking that says she isn't keeping an eye out on her future?

Popular Posts