The New American War by John W. Hardin

Goliath here offer this her opinion article from the shade of JOhn Wesley Hardin what exists in
Hell. Me conjures him up after me mentions him here...and him wants to opinionerate. So: FROM HELL:


Greetings you living ones. I send this to you from where my soul resides in Hell. I was sent there one vile day many years ago by John Selman. But, from what I am
given to understand, I will have to be here quite a while yet. I wanted to write a little about the war you Americans are waging right now with drones. I see these
"predator" planes that allow your 'soldiers' to sit in an air-conditioned building drinking bubbly sasparilla like drinks and eating snacks and push some buttons and you blow your enemies up. I suppose that's 'war' of a kind. Its not like any kind of war I heard tell of when I was walking. The Civil War was pretty nasty because it had developed into
a simple war of attrition by the end. Grant was a bloody bastard. But, at least for the most part,
(artillery excepted) it involved pointing a weapon at an opponent who theoretically had a fair
chance to shoot back. Nowadays you modern people are fighting war in a very funny way.

I myself was generally a fair fighter. But I admit I too often looked for fighting as a way to solve
my problems. That, and the fact I was a racist in life are how I wound up here. I do have one
comment to make about your wars nowadays....and then I will stand down. It seems like ever
since your World War 2, it's been fair game to attack innocent civilians including women and
children as a war tactic. I must say, whatever benefits that has had for your generals and politicians, it has surely swelled the ranks of souls down here. Your present war doesn't even
seem to enter your minds most of the time I notice. Well, when you blow up those nasty Taliban devils, you are also killing a lot of innocent people who have the bad luck to be near them. Just thought I would mention it. It's a fact. And, from where I sit....its not a good thing.

I will close by stating that even if you figure its a price you are willing to pay someday in my
present circs, you may want to consider whether it's an effective tactic. When you kill somebody's mother, because she just happened to be near her nasty good for nothing son....you
make enemies boy! (Just remember how Jesse and Frank 'responded' when the Pinkertons blew
up Zelda's house, blew off her arm and killed their little brother and you'll get the picture).
{Jesse says 'Hi" by the way, to all his fans.....he's very pleased they made a movie out of his story
last year but he thinks Brad Pitt is was a terrible choice to play him.}

See (some of) you soon!---John W. Hardin

Comments

Popular Posts