Pesty's Comments On CCChatter

Hello Goliathandwimmens readers! This article is directed at the Clark County Chatters site. I haven't posted there since being cyber slammed in Xmas week
2009. I think it was my 'retro-cool' turtleneck, rayban shades, and whitened
teeth that made me so very suave and metrosexually cool that it drove some of the denizens of the Chatter crazy. It hurt my feelings, made me cry, I had to have several sessions of intensive psycho-therapy to return to a modicum of sanity!

Now, I seem my old nemisis, Hoosiertaxpayer posted a thread posing the question of what is the matter with the Chatter lately? There is wide agreement that it's been a dull place since I was run out of town on a rail. Perhaps I flatter myself to think that since
"Pesty" left, there is no one to rail against and thus, the excitement vim and vigor of the site has
departed along with me?But, as much as I would like to believe that, somewhere deep inside me
I know that isn't true.

What is true, however, is that the internet thrives on controversy. As I stated in my parting post, part of my purpose in originally posting as "Pesty" was to rile up the Chatter to encourage
both sites, Goliathandwimmens and CCC. What could be better than Goliath declaring 'war' on
the chatter? And, after all, some called Goliath names or described him as 'disgusting'. But, instead of listening to my dribblings and speculations, let us look for a moment at facts....when
Goliath ran his 'most pitiful poster' poll, the readership of Goliathandwimmens reached a daily
website visit number of 474 on November 17. That is the SAME day that CCC reports the following tidbit of information, "Most users ever online was 78 on Nov 17 2009, 12:32 PM".

Is it merely coincidence that CCC achieved its highest numbers of online users the same day
Goliath achieved the second highest viewership in his history? I don't know.

I do know one thing, Supermike has never accepted my apologies so I see no reason to
return or apologize to him any more. And, I would appreciate an apology from him for
reading my private message(s) to other CCC users.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, Goliath, I believe I have paased crazy and reached insane. I mentioned to Dave that I read Pesty's posts on CCC, meaning a couple of days ago. I was happy to think Pesty was posting again ... then I read Pesty's writing here about not posting. Of course, I went back to CCC looking for the posts I read, trying to determine if I am finally truly certifiable. Yes, I am. Someone had resurrected an old thread; Pesty's posts were from November. Sigh.

So now Dave is wondering about my sanity, or maybe thinking I must be dumb as a box of rocks. Now he'll know the truth, that I am both!

Let me add this. At some point during the last day or two of the Pesty/Goliath blog blowup, I did a little unofficial research. Pesty's thread about your blog had been both viewed and replied to more than all but two other threads, both on the state/national forum and both started months before Pesty's thread. I found that interesting and thought about pointing it out to Supermike, but felt it wouldn't accomplish anything.

I did not reply to HT's CCC thread with my reason for backing away from the chatter, but yes, the way Dave was outted and the subsequent events were a huge part of why I quit participating on the forum every day. I had already tried to discuss other concerns I had with Mike only to have him suggest I might be on new meds that were affecting my thought processes!

I do realize Mike or one of the moderators may read your blog, and that's fine with me. Just reporting the facts, as they say.

Goliath, please tell Sheba and the girls hi for me. I hope you have a great evening.
Goliath said…
Thanks GG. I am crazy too. That's why I have three different personalities: Goliath, Pesty and
'that other guy' (who is really boring!!!)
Goliath said…
Pesty says, "I see Supermike has responded by a
nice post on this topic. I am glad things are picking up for CCC. No one wants to see the CCC
fail. (despite what Super said on this back in December. Pesty is not an agent sent by political opponents to 'destroy' the CCC. I think that shows how far off the mark SM's judgment of Pesty was/is).

Supermike has done a good service to provide the CCC site to allow the community of interested people to comment on events, to shine the light on public issues (or wrongs) and to allow different viewpoints. That is a noble and worthy cause. But, the other side of the coin is that there IS a prevailing sentiment on the CCC and it is not always enlightened. It can turn vicious to those who dissent.
Goliath said…
Supermike definitely reads the blog. That's why I
have the superman videos on the Youtube ...just for him.
hoosiertaxpayer said…
The main problem with the CCC is that most have no sense of humor and take themselves way too seriously. I'd bet a lot of members check in on Goliath, but won't admit to it. I try and stir things up now and then but admit I can't do it like my old buddy Pesty.......good to hear from you buddy. How's the makeover going with the chicks ??
Goliath said…
Hello HT! Good to hear from you. This makeover is so 'boss'. I am hanging out at Porcini's lately, and sit in the same booth as Rick did when he did
his dirty deeds. The chicks love to run their fingers through my combover..so long as I am paying the barbill.
Anonymous said…
Ola, what's up amigos? :)
In first steps it's really good if someone supports you, so hope to meet friendly and helpful people here. Let me know if I can help you.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

Popular Posts