"Home of the Week" Unclear Vision A DEBATE


Greetings to all readers of this here blog. As you knows very wells by now, me is entirely disgusterated by "Home of theWeek" what get printed each and ever Satruday mornings. Me create this here blog and gets Erma Thrask, my friend what likes to come over and try to converts me away from my heathern gods over to the
Southern Baptis religiins. Her very good decoratorer and me let her comment on Home O the weeks. Now, this weeks we got something differnets so Me thin me let Erma and mylittle friend Pesty debat this here. (him so jealous him not got a reglar
column and no outlet since him got kicked off the Clark County Chatterings! This here the condermint what is featured in this weeks Home O the weeks. David Duralde, an eyeglass designer, enjoys his 2,800-square-foot condominium. He bought it three years ago but has lived in it for only a year and a half because construction took some time.  (By Michael Clevenger, The Courier-Journal) Let the debate begin!

PESTY: This is a fantastic home. I like everything about it from the subdued color scheme with
emphasis on the modern art to the bare windows and modern simple furniture. This is the perfect home for the modern Louisville Metrosexual such as myself.

ERMA: Goodness! How sadly mistaken you are Mr. Pesty, this is completely unsuitable for any self respecting Kentuckianian! I will begin, as I am forced to look at this horror show, with the the HDTV prominently located above what is supposed to be a 'fireplace' in what I suppose is intended to be the 'living room'. Please refer to last week's column for my full exposition on this
decorating faux pas.

PESTY: Well, I agree with the inappropriateness of the TEE VEE in last weeks' featured home, but here, it seems less obtrusive and somehow it 'works'. Furthermore, take a look at the art he
has on his walls. That homage to Rothko is totally perfect and it's completely dominating that
room because the rest of the room is so 'beige'. That's good design and decorating.

ERMA: It's good decorating for a shoe store! It's certainly inappropriate for a HOME. This is
show offy and it all about the ego and satanic narcissism of the owner. The whole mess screams,
"see how cool and sophisticated I am! Why, I could be in New York City!"

PESTY: Wait a second, you can't say that! Why shouldn't a person take modern tastes and bring them into their life here in the midwest?

ERMA: Bring them into their life? Dear me, Pesty, how empty is a life that is so readily filled by
opening the pages of "Architectural Digest" and copying everything you see? Need I point out the complete lack of any personal objects in this home? (Not to mention a Bible). A home that is
so sterile and devoid of personal touchpoints isn't really a home. It's like a fancy set of clothing you buy of the rack in an overpriced designer store. But, I admit in your case that would be an
improvement over that dreadful updated 'leisure suit' you are wearing.

PESTY: This is the same turtleneck and sportcoat Bob Guccione wore in his 1994 PLAYBOY
interview.

ERMA: No doubt.

PESTY: You have to admit, Mrs. Thrask, this home is tasteful and sleek. It's clean lines are
easy on the eye and suggest an intelligent and sophisticated person dwells here.

ERMA: Sophisticated? Well, it shows someone who is TRYING to be sophisticated lives here. And if they had come by it honestly, It would not be for me to judge. However, the entire home
follows the same style and suggests, as I said before, it was taken wholecloth off the page of
AD or some modern design magazine. But, before we depart entirely from the subject of
clothing, I would also suggest that Mr. Duralde (the condo owner) purchase a sweater that fits
him. I can't stop looking at the gap on his juvenile sweater. (Is that an 'alligator' patch on it? Cute.)

PESTY: I like it. Give it a thumbs up.

ERMA: I shudder to imagine the LIFE that goes on here. This is too rareified for Louisville and
certainly Southern Indiana. Who could come here and sit down and relax and shared the events of the day with a loved one. WHERE in this home would one feel comfortable? With no curtains,
ones empty life would be exposed to the outside world. Where is the cozy privacy... a retreat
to surrender the cares of the day? No Mr. Pesty, this is the home of a confused sinner. And
I worry for you if you fail to see this. Please, Mr. Duralde, find the time to obtain a BIBLE and
READ it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought that WAS Mr. Pesty holding court in his very "sleek" kitchen!! :)

It's not exactly to my taste, but those windows and views are to die for.

Jules
Goliath said…
Pesty only DREAM o living in place like that. Him does have a poster of
of the "Falling Water" and a stack of "DWELL" magazines.
Anonymous said…
"It's certainly inappropriate for a HOME. This is
show offy and it all about the ego and satanic narcissism of the owner. The whole mess screams,
"see how cool and sophisticated I am! "
PESTY: This is the same turtleneck and sportcoat Bob Guccione wore in his 1994 PLAYBOY
interview.

ERMA: No doubt! Here is some info for the Goliath readers, sophisticated, pretentious, or otherwise, to contemplate from the "Urban Dictionary" concerning 10 things that :

You might be "metrosexual" if: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=metrosexual
Anonymous said…
"It's good decorating for a shoe store! " Good debate: prestentious/narcissism vs Erma's "down home sensible Kentuckian" look!

Popular Posts