The Charity Line... Why I love shooting hoops and BUTLER AWESOME

As many a Goliath reader well knows, me one what likes to spend some time out by the barn
shooting baskertball at Peach basket what me has nailed up over barn door. Now, as many weell know Goliath not necersarily big sport fan...BUT...Goliath truly love this here March Madness what happen every March. (though me not unnerstand why and how they always gets it in to fit in March).

NOw, this here a very good game to watch them there and remind Goliath much of great warriors what he done seen and contended with in past battels what we see grace, style, discerpline of troops, passions, and many things all of which is very good things in peoples. But one thing, (in
Goliath opinion) what surpasses all in this here game....the dad blast FREE THROW what decide
game.

Me spend many a time at hash mark what me has made imagerning TOURNAMENT game.
Stand at line. HUge big Colerseum fill with screaming fans half what hates you and half what scream for you to Make shot. One has time to collect thought. (so unlike player what shoot
jump shot on the fly and win game ...him just a good smoot player ...maybe great and all but
him not thinking and FEELING the import of his next act).

That there player, some young man, (and who knows what wonnerful and terrible things that
there have on his back and in his life what pursue him). Him at line. At this here moment, it
not a team game. The clock has done been stopped. The refree have ball and check all
men on line. Him turn and toss player ball.

MY GAWD!!! 

At this point when ball come in hand that there player him got all the game in his hand. The
score is tied or maybe one point difference for him to tie and make overtime. Me confess me
is so VERY INSPIRED when these here young men take ball and shoot and make that there
basket. It reaffirm to Goliath all what can be good in these here annermals what we call people.
That the moment all the horrifying worry and doubt COULD crowd in on man and make his
hand wobble just that slight bit what put off shot. But no. Many and many a time we see these
here fine fellow human beings make them shots. How great it is to be a human bein. And, let me add to this here, when, from time to time it happen, that when that feller miss shot... and head
droop (for a moment) and then go on to play last second or two of game. Me still love that there
feller... as me know well...Even at all our limit we sometime stumble.

This here beauty of such sport...the chance to see individual face such moments and shine bright!
At that time, we are ALL ON THAT CHARITY LINE... we ALL with that there feller (or gal)
and our hearts rise or fall with him.  (or her)

That why me watch March Madnesses.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goliath I must admit that I watch this tounament every year and I love it. It is my favorite sporting event of the year. However, the whole Butler story is bittersweet for me. I want to root for them and I love watching their team play. The problem is that I am an Indiana Hoosier through and through. I graduated from IU and I have been a fan for my whole life. As a Hoosier fan I remember when all of the kids would have attended school in Bloomington instead of Indianapolis and it pains me.

You can actually trace the rise of Butler to Bob Knight leaving Indiana. If you notice the first time they made it to The Sweet 16 when they beat U of L it was a few years after Bob left IU. None of The Hoosier coaches since then have felt that recruiting those 2nd tier homegrown players is worth it. I guess that means the Butler will continue to get them.
Goliath said…
Interesting observations, ANon.
Goliath said…
I remember when Knight came to our high school (Silver Creek) to scout
Charlie Mannix.

Popular Posts