Art that makes me sick

You may know that Goliath loves Art. time to time he posts feature of Artist that he thinks is good to know that many not recognize so much.

However,  Friday,  he looking through New York Times Art page and see picture of line drawing of the killing of Shanda Shearer.  Some creep artist make a art painting of this. NY Reviewer say as follows:

Later she used the same approach in ambitious group portraits, sometimes produced as paired sets. In one pair, five teenage girls smile as they tussle. They could be posing for a larky class picture except that one girl is clearly at the center of the action, and the play is getting rough. Both pictures were inspired by a real incident: the 1992 murder by classmates of 12-year-old Shanda Sharer in Madison, Ind.
***************************************************


This make Goliath Mad. Shanda Sharer was a real person. A child.
Not deserve to have her horrible death a vehicle for some dumb 
and insensitive and insensate 'artist' to make a 'cool' drawing of.
This is why some people hate modern art.  You can understand why. I will not reproduce the drawing here.  Shame on  Marlene
McCArty that make this and put it up in public.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like art too, but at what point does creativity move from being art to being something else altogether? I'm still trying to come to grips with “Bodies Human: Anatomy in Motion" where they used dead bodies and body parts that had been plasticized. You can call it art or a lesson in anatomy, but to me it's just gross. ismile
Goliath said…
Good question ismile. I had no interest in the Bodies show because I felt it would gross me out. I have been through two autopsies and Have no desire to see the viscera of human lives anymore.

I saw the image reproduced in the NY Times of this artists depiction of the Shanda Sharer killing and it seemed exploitive and gross.
cindiloohoo said…
On that night my husband and I had finished performing a weekend gig at the Ogle Haus in Vevay, Indiana. We were a duo at the time and the Ogle Haus gig usually ended around 11:30 to midnight, depending on the crowd. Our load-out time was minimal, since we were just a duo at the time, and we stopped on our way home at the Five Star station in Madison, as we often did going to or from gigs in Madison or Vevay. I've often wondered, and have been kind of haunted ever since, wondering if those girls were actually there at the same time we were.

I looked up this drawing. I don’t consider snuff films to be “art.” The same goes for this so-called, “art.”
Goliath said…
That's chilling Cindi. I have had a few experiences similar to that.

As for the 'Art'... I am against ugliness as an artistic aesthetic. This sort of 'art' comes from a very cynical and, I think, childish and naive, viewpoint. You can be sure the artist believes herself (or himself) to be a lot 'cooler' than you or me. I never accept arrogance of that sort very well. But it's particularly infuriating when it is arrogance over something so offensive.

Popular Posts