A Story about a Girl what Sails: JESSICA WATSON

I post this here pitcher of me at my WORST moment, as some has complained
(Well...HT) that Me have too much news what make people cry and gnash teeth an the like. So me just wants to reminds all how me has done had cause for feeling like me not trreated as fairly as could be...how the sun not Always
shine on OL Goliath and what not. But...me stil keep pretty happy POV. (me learnin' innerntet slangs! Hah!).

Ok so then me think.. this here pretty good. Once me post similar type story about a man what
go out in Kayak and catch Giant Tuna!! That very good tale. (See "A Story about a Fish" by Goliath). This next story is about a Girl what sailed around the dad blasted world!!! Like Goliath, she gots a blog what she kept while she achieving this here feat. I like this entry:

*************************************************************************************
IT WASN'T A FLY IT WAS A MOTH
April 29

Every now and again when I can't think of anything new to blog about, I always get told that it doesn't matter. I could write about a fly landing on Ella's Pink Lady and someone would find it interesting.

Well today a moth landed on Ella’s Pink Lady and I don't know about you guys, but I got quite excited about it (sounds kind of silly I know!). I'm not normally into bugs but this was the first insect I've seen in 6 months and seeing as the nearest land is close to 500 nm away, I was pretty surprised to find a tiny grey moth sitting on the deck. Don't ask me what such a delicate looking creature is doing this far offshore.

Anyway moving on!

You might be more interested to know that yesterday the 18th April marked 6 months at sea for Ella's Pink Lady and I, plus of course everyone else virtually tagging along! It's pretty amazing to think it's been 6 months since I've seen another person, but it still feels like just the other day that we sailed out of Sydney.

Time has really flown!

The wind has been really light still, so progress has been really unimpressive. Is it just me or is this last leg really taking forever? Not that I mind all that much. I still love it out here and as much as I'm looking forward to a million land things, I'm also going to miss so many things about being out here.

For most of today there’s been no wind at all. So to stop myself from getting frustrated, I turned off the instruments so I couldn't see how depressingly slow we were going and decided to have a go at replacing the wind generator (which hasn't been working lately) with the spare one. I wasn't going to bother replacing it because I've got enough diesel to run the engine (out of gear), to keep the batteries topped up, but I was looking for something to keep me busy and I had plenty of energy to burn. It took all afternoon and manoeuvering it into place was enough of a challenge, that I hardly noticed the glassy water and the fact that that we were hardly moving. The sun even came out for a few hours, so it was well worth the effort, even just for the scene at the end of the achievement.

I've still got to dismantle the old generator for stowing it, so I better finish up and get back to work!

Jesse


(she say this fella hung around her boat all that day!)
******************************************************************************

Now that show spunk and good heart for a fifteen year old GIRL!!! This her pitcher

Jessica Watson

She is the YOungest person to Sail about the world by her self. My Goodness! When Goliath
15 him could not hardly walk and chew gum at same time! (well we not has gum in them days..just goop off a cyprus tree bark) Her website here if you want to find out about the
Story of a Girl that Sails.


*****************************************************************************



Comments

Popular Posts