Adrian Rogers and Hell by John W. Hardin


(Another guest column by gunfighter/attorney/convict/resident of Hell John W. Hardin)
Greetings to all you living. I have noted with interest the poll on which of us gunfighters is NOT in hell. I see I got NO votes so I guess the consensus is that I pretty much deserved what I got. I did kill 43 men (some lawmen) but I had myself a really good time up until I got thrown in prison. But I was no slaggard. I aquired an education in the law there and came out and did fairly well for myself in El Paso until I was murdered in a contract hit by John
Selman. (He got paid a measly fifty bucks to shoot me by the husband of my sometime girlfriend
and I assure you she was NOT worth it!)
Goliath has brought to my attention that some of his former forum mates are discussing the quotations of this fellow Adrian Rogers. Adrian was a three time president of the Southern Baptist Convention. I love the Southern Baptists! As I was (am) a racist myself, (that's part of
the reason I wound up here in hell) I always applauded the Southern Baptist's racist past. Very
funny they finally wound up apologizing for it. Reminds me of the Mormons who had always deemed negroes as 'lesser souls' because they were descended from Cain and could not hold
equal positions in the church. This was 'received from God' wisdom supposedly. Then, in the
1970's apparently God changed his mind and negroes became every bit as good as white people
according to their high priest. Similar thing with the SBC. God certainly does work in mysterious ways!
Anyway, these forum mates of Goliath are posting this Roger's quote supposedly stating
economic truths. I find it amazing these holy men like Rogers whose ego is so hungry that they
are not satisfied with leading a flock of holy rollers but feel the need to get into politics. This Rogers, apparently inspired by the Baptist God, came up with a saying to slam government
programs to help the poor in society. (That seems like a position the 'BOSS' down here would
take not his enemy Jesus Christ!) "Whenever somebody receives something without working
for it, somebody else has to work for it without receiving"
One nitwit forum poster really identified with this phrase and wrote, "I am sick of my money
being stolen from me for the benefit of someone else. If I want to help someone out or donate it
to a cause that is my business and not the governments". This stuff is so hilarious!!!
From my vantage point, here in hell and as a former outlaw I just have to laugh with admiration
at the way these people have been totally hoodwinked and don't have a clue! The villains that
have been stealing THEIR VERY SOULS from them for YEARS pass by their wrath with nary
a mark. These poor devils think that its their GOVERNMENT that is the enemy that is hurting
them!!! Meanwhile these poor saps, go to work every day for someone else who gives them
a 'paycheck'. Believe me buster, I am down here and KNOW....if you are getting a paycheck it
means that SOMEBODY is making money $$$$ off of you. They are taking YOUR work/time/life/dare I say SOUL? and giving you nothing for it. If you make ten buck an hour...you can bet they are making 12 bucks or more. That's just the way it is. You GIVE and
the OWNER takes! That is Capitalism friends. And its not that I'm against that either. It's just
funny as HELL that these people are mad at the government 'taking their money'.
I saw where now, in that USA (which I despised by the way as I was a CSA man all my days)
5% of the people own 95% of the wealth. Yet, these 'quick witted' posters continue to worship
the capitalistic system that created that OBVIOUSLY unhealthy societal imbalance! Now did
that 5% "work" for that wealth? Don't make a man in hell laugh! Of course not. They got it
because the other poor devils who have to work and don't own anything work day in and day
out to make them RICH. The rich 5% "own". They have papers somewhere that have solidified, defined and constructed into a magical formula an abstracted concept that such and
such thing 'belongs' to them and not you MISTER! Those magical papers are why you toil away
and your government hands over tons of the taxes you paid to these same 'owners' when their
little games threatened to collapse this so very fine and perfect 'capitalist' system.
But, the most lovely and beguiling part of this whole story is that fundamentalist holy men like
Mr. Rogers and the late (and now very warm) Jerry Falwell espoused and promote this obscenity. They seem to have forgotten that part of their holy book "the love of money is the
root of all evil". They seem to have forgot that if nothing else Jesus preached that you living should love and care for the weak, the sick, the poor. He gave and gave and gave! But some
of these befuddled people actually think that "CAPITALISM IS THE ONLY MORAL ECONOMIC SYSTEM". These delusions are so befuddling they can't even glimpse how
ridiculous such statements sound even when confronted with the fact that Slavery, Child Labor,
Rape of the Earth, Exploitation of Races etc., are all the by-products of the Capitalist system.
No 'economic system' is moral or immoral. If you don't believe me though, that Capitalism produces just as much immorality as any other (maybe more) economic system....just come
visit me here in HELL and I will introduce you to a few folks.
Finally, just so you know, the poll actually got it right. Gunfighter Doc Holliday is not down here
and for some reason, neither is Billy the Kid. Me and Jesse are though so congratulations Goliath
readers...you got it Right!!!

Comments

Goliath said…
Just want to add, to twist the knife on the 'wage earner' a LITTLE bit more, the rich man
has convinced these blockheads to DEMAND the rich man get taxed LESS on the money they give him than they are taxed!!!! They actually support
eliminating capital gains taxes and even income tax cuts for the RICH!!! Is this hilarious or what? -J.W. Hardin

Popular Posts