Taking down the tree

So it's january 7 and we are taking down the tree.  Melancholy as it notes the passing of another year and sweet in the begininng of a new one.  Maybe this one will be better.


This year we have been (my family) posting old shots from way back. This one is probably about 1940 or 41.  My dad is front row on the left. Probably in Hardburly coal camp. 

Things are better than he had it. 
This is the only photo I have with me and my great grandfather George "Blue" Morgan. That's me, front row left next to Blue.  It's about 1963.  My Aunt Beat, Uncle Leon (who taught me fishing) and grandma Cleo are all depicted. My brother is the tow head chap on Kenny's shoulders.
Here is a family pic about 11 years later. Beat, Uncle Earn's wife Mary, Cleo, Earn then me, my brother and two sisters. That' the family dog, Trouble, in Stacy's arms.  Earn was a WW2 veteran. He was an infrantyman.  Tough as nails. I loved him. Mary was devoted and sweet.

Comments

Popular Posts