My Buddy back on the Sunny Slopes

Comments

Anonymous said…
G: Is this photo from Thailand? "Siam was the name of Thailand before 24 June 1939 and again from 8 September 1945 to 20 July 1949."
Goliath said…
Don't know. I was wondering if was mexico ...just based on the dark haired young woman.
Goliath said…
Might be Thailand though. Frank was in Viet nam.
Anonymous said…
Yes, the chick does look Hispanic. Frank was stationed in Thailand in the Air Force.
Anonymous said…
There are at least three vehicles in the background. I zoomed in on one vehicle and it appears there is a tire centered on what appears to be the back of that vehicle.

I think vehicles in Thailand drive on the left while vehicles drive in the right in Mexico and Vietnam?
Goliath said…
Good clue. I also notice that the shirtless fellow is wearing what look like drawstring pants and sandals that, overall, is something I associate with Thailand. Finally, the woman, on close up, looks Asian and her shirt looks like it could be asian.
Anonymous said…
I think that your analysis is spot on! The man talking with Frank is squating, which is consistent with a cultural practice observed "in country"( which applied to both Nam and Thailand) at the time. Is that "Guido" working on the bike?

Popular Posts