197 Days

             VS.       

Comments

Lisa Smith said…
ugh..another poll! So much can happen in 200 days. Nice pic of Mike Moore by the way! lol
Anonymous said…
It seems the Clark County Chatter has a very interesting spin on the events that occured at the Mike Moore for Mayor Kick-off event with Culpepper Cooper. It seems as if Mr. Cooper was not there to "Make a Donation" as was reported by the Chatterlings. Mr. Cooper was also told he could not come in even though it was advertised as "Open to the Public" Isn't Mike Moore supposed to be the guy that's for the people and doesn't have an agenda or any axe to grind? It was also very interesting that Mr. Cooper has charged Mr. Chuck Moore with battery and assult. Now why was that little tidbit left off the Chatter or the Evening News story????????????
Lisa Smith said…
It has only just begun. I would hope that Mr. Moore would make sure that he ran a clean campaign, but if this is any indication of what we can expect for the next 199days...oh well, as long as Mr. Hutt is his campaign manager, just expect that boys will be boys.
Goliath said…
Pepper probably was in bad taste to go to Mike Moore's rally. The response, however, WAS worse. It is unfair, however, to blame the candidate for the action of the supporter (even if it's his brother).
I felt this way about the attempt to tag the head stomping of the moveon woman demonstrator to Rand Paul. So
it is with Chuck Moores actions with
Pepper. Still waiting to see how Mike Moore can articulate his plan for Jeffersonville. I also hope to here Tom Galligan's plan for the next four years.
Lisa Smith said…
I am almost positive that this issue was discussed ahead of time with the Moore's and Hutt and Company. Why else would the brother be at the door?
Goliath said…
Well, now I have t take back the earlier Post. Mr. Moore has posted on the chatter that this was his decision and his brother acted at his request.

So...that seems like a bad move to me.
Goliath said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goliath said…
I can confirm that I Pepper did make a complaint against Mr Moore (Chuck) for a battery complaint and for an EPO. That is all I heard. I doubt the prosecutor would do anything on this, however, since I understand nobody got hurt...except perhaps their pride.
~ChopperWoman~ said…
Chuck Moore and his daughter Maggie were stationed at the door to greet people as they came in. There are two sets of doors at Kyes I. First set gets you in the building, second set gets you into where the event was taking place. Other family memebers were working the room meeting supporters, including Mike's 3 children.

There is no conspiracy here. I can assure you that Chuck would not have his teenaged daughter beside him as his back up if he were expecting trouble. Edward Cooper does not like Mike Moore and has said so repeatedly. He was even quoted in the evening news saying as much(04/23/10), along with this quote, "I wouldn't vote for Mike Moore any day of the week".

This was a kick off rally for supporters, not a place to show up to start trouble. Mr Cooper was quoted by the evening news (Sunday 11/14) saying he is possibly going to run for mayor. Now you tell me why he was there. He said it was to make a donation ... to his opponent's campaign.

My husband and I got there a little late due to a wreck on 10th street blocking traffic. We walked in just behind the staff from the evening news. This "little tidbit" was most likely "left out of the paper" because no one from "the paper" witnessed it.
Goliath said…
CG- I am not wound up about a 'conspiracy'. I also don't think Pepper went there as a Mike Moore Supporter. I remember the whole flyer episode and Pepper's supposed role in it. That's why I think (as I said earlier) it was poor taste for Pepper to go.

However, I did think it was wrong to bar him from the event if it was as I understood it a 'public' event. Like Cindy said...he would probably have been booed and shamed out of there.

Next, I assumed it was Chuck Moore's mistake in judgment. Then Mike goes on the Chatter and says it was his decision!

To me this is all way to 'dramatic'
and silly. It's a distraction and makes me actually wonder? Who can show up at a Mike Moore event? Can I? I don't really know that much about him but would my animosity towards NSBHM (who I think is a phoney in some of his positions) put Goliath in the Pepper camp? Would Goliath be banned?

So, anyway, thanks for posting and explaining your take on it. I agree there is no conspiracy. This is our community and everyone Tom Galligan and Mike Moore and Pepper Cooper and even NSBHM are members of it. If any of these guys needed a hand
I would give it to them. Not because they "deserve it" but because they are my neighbors.
Lisa Smith said…
I don't believe the point is whether or not Cooper intends to vote for Mike or not or even whether he likes him or not. The point is no one really knows why he was there except him. You can justify it all you want but the bottom line is, don't advertise it to be a public event and not allow all the public in. If you only wanted Mike Moore supporters and friends then you should have sent invitations. Maybe some people don't know how they will vote and was curious to see what he was like. I know some of you want to take up for your good friend Mike and I am sure that is admirable, but it was wrong, plain and simple. Exactly why I didn't go although I wanted to, just to see what Mike had to say. Now I am glad I didn't because if someone tried to keep me out of a public event I would not have been happy either.
Goliath said…
Can Someone tell what Mike Moore plans to do if elected? Also, who he plans to appoint to dept. heads etc.,

Can someone tell what Tom Galligan plans to do if re-elected? Any changes he plans to make?
Anonymous said…
Seems like abbysnana has an ax to grind
Lisa Smith said…
Really, and you know this how? Abbysnana (me) has a right to her opinion just like anyone (you) does. If you don't like opinions my advice is stay off forums and blogs...and tv...and newspapers...and (well, you get my point). :)

Popular Posts