THe Triumvirate Never did works out (Story about Chickens)




Me now turns my minds back ..way bak thru the mists of time when me was about only 900 year old. (give or taKe a centry) and me was Working up in Rome. ME a soldier then and dad blasted good was I!!! Me with Juli Ceasar twentieth!!! Yep that how good me was. NOw. For long long time it seem all ok. Triumvirate rule Juli, Pompey and Crassus (him have all the Money and GOLD!! BUT that there not works aout so wells When them there gets to fightin' and what nots!! Pompey say "NOt worry Romans...Me has but to stomp my boot and Armies will rise up and defends that there Eternal City!!!" BUt....when Ceasar cross the Rubicon...them
there RUN FOR THEIR LIVES!!!! What funs we did have when Juli march into Rome and ORDER OPEN the TReasur House!!!! NOw me could tell much more of them ther times but now me turn to WHAt happen AFTER them KILL JULI!!!

Them nitwit RomanS say "Let us have ANOTHER Triumvirate!!!!" and make OCtavi (later
Augustus or "Gus" for shorts) Marcus Antoni and Lepidus the Dad blaste POWERholders!!!
This here cartoon what we carefully craft show what the END of it was AS ALL WELL KNOWS.... TRIUMVIRaTes NOT BODE WELL.
********************************************************************************
THE CHICKEN TRIUMVIRATE
NOw Me tell another good ol Story what Me learn with MY Granny. (NO, NOT GRANNY G..My
real GRanny!!) Her Keep Chickens and her tell Goliath. "Look well sprout..see how them always
have pecking ORder." Me watch them chickns. Me sees well that that group of CHICkens like
all goes by and PECK on this here ONE chicken what WEak and all that there. Granny have to
take that there away "Or they PECK that Chicken to the DEATh SProut!" Granny show me
another thing. She take three strong chickens and put them in the Yard. What happen? That
there Triumvirate of Chicken get to divide up TWO agin ONe. The two go on after the ONE.
Even though...earlier that there day...them three ALL go together On the weaker!! "That there
just the NATURE of CHICKENS SPROUT" Granny say. Then she look me sly like and Grin...
"This here a LEsson of LIFE you NEed to LEARN Well "

GOLIATH LEARN THAT THERE LESSON WELL .

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goliath, your Granny was a wise woman. I would have liked to meet and converse with her.
Goliath said…
She was indeed. One thing she used to say," That's
your little red wagon. Your going to have to push
it or pull it."
Goliath said…
She died several years ago. (I was a pallbearer) One of the people who have really loved me. When I was a sprout and got to visit, she always made a point to get me alone and give me a dollar or something.

Later, when I took girlfriends to visit, she always gave them lace doilys she had made. They were beautiful. My family were mountain people (or as we say "Hillbillies") and that was a wonderful life.

When my grandma died, one of my cousins wrote a
eulogy which had many fine things to say but the part I remember most was "She taught me it was ok to be stubborn and get your own way sometimes"

That give me chills right now as I write this.
So true.
Anonymous said…
I can only try to imagine how wonderful the mountain life must have been. I was raised by "country" grandparents, and while my granny didn't leave any wise sayings as yours did; she did leave love enough to carry me through my life. We were basically poor people, but we didn't feel poor. Grandpa had a huge garden, and grandma canned and made jelly and jam so we ate good. She sewed well, made many of my clothes. We did live in the city (Louisville) part of the time, but it is our time in the country that sticks with me most.

The simple life brought with it the wisdom, abundant love, and so much more that is missing in our lives today. I often wish I could go back to that simple time.

Thank you for sharing some of your memories with me. It brings back great memories of my own.

Popular Posts